Saturday, October 6, 2012

It's 2AM and Wondrous.

I am staring at the Moon, the Stars and the almost daylight lit yard. It is a magical, wondrous, fantasy suspended between Sundown and Sunrise. Usually, this type of moment is only experienced when we are at the lake in Hemphill and this rare high is at home in Dickinson.
The evening has been filled with reading Blogs written by people with incredible abilities to express themselves through this medium. Once my breath was taken by the depth of emotion and baring of soul. When one has paid their dues and returned from Hell to tell their story, the impact of their cost emanates as heat does from a glowing fire on a cold night.



 
My daughter and I visit often by phone and our conversations are a mixture of fun, concern for the NOW events, wonder about the future of their children and when will it get better. The side affect of these discourses are a broadening understanding of people, in general, and God.


Connye and I share our "family" of daughters, sons by marriage and grandchildren. We are blessed, thankful and concerned for them and the World they are continuing to mature in.

Pastor Joel Osteen commented about trust, recently, and used his daughter as an example. Joel purchase a car for his young son and his daughter asked if he would the same for her, when the time came. He assured her he would and that was settled. She never asked him again about the car, although she talked about it's color, style and how much she enjoyed it, as if she had it. She would routinely tell him how much she loved him and how great a dad he is.

His emphasis was how we should trust God in the same manner.

We are dysfunctional! Everyone we know, have known and will ever know are dysfunctional!
Our teachers, leaders of every type are also dysfunctional because we are human.

God, Jesus Christ, is perfect in every way. He can be trusted 24/7 FOREVER. Reading the variety of Blogs and the pain experienced by so many authors AND their success by depending on God confirms the trust is valid. As the mustard seed grows and fills space and provides shelter, as our trust grows, it replaces doubt, fear, worry, anxiety, etc.

You and I will be taken care of every day, week month, year, decade until our days end.

As a young Christian, I understood God ONLY cared and took care of:
  1. Christians,
  2. then certain kinds of Christians,
  3. then certain kinds and styles of Christians,
  4. then only Christians in certain part of our country and certain districts,
  5. the ONLY Pentecostal Christians
  6. and finally only SPECIFIC Pentecostals attending decreed churches. 
As I grew and kept my eyes and ears and mind open to God, He corrected 1-6 and demonstrated his love and care every where to every one.

TYPE



Every KIND, POSITION.
SO! What excuse do any of us have for NOT COMPLETELY TRUSTING?
 
Gen 18:14  Is any thing too hard for the LORD? At the time appointed I will return unto thee, according to the time of life, and…
Jer 32:17  Ah Lord GOD! behold, thou hast made the heaven and the earth by thy great power and stretched out arm, and there is nothing too hard for thee:
Jer 32:27  Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?
Joh 14:16  And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
Joh 14:17  Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
Joh 14:18  I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
Joh 14:27  Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
Mat 18:12  How think ye? if a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray?
Mat 18:13  And if so be that he find it, verily I say unto you, he rejoiceth more of that sheep, than of the ninety and nine which went not astray.
Mat 18:14  Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish.
Luk 15:4  What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?
Luk 15:5  And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing.
Luk 15:6  And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost.
Luk 15:7  I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.
Luk 15:8  Either what woman having ten pieces of silver, if she lose one piece, doth not light a candle, and sweep the house, and seek diligently till she find it?
Luk 15:9  And when she hath found it, she calleth her friends and her neighbours together, saying, Rejoice with me; for I have found the piece which I had lost.
Luk 15:10  Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.
 
Well, it is now almost 6AM and guess who is waiting to greet us.
 
God Almighty - Jesus Christ.


No comments:

Post a Comment