Saturday, October 27, 2012

He Will Lead You and Guide You.


Joh 14:15  If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Joh 14:16  And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

Joh 14:17  Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Joh 14:18  I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

Joh 16:7  Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

Joh 16:8  And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

Joh 16:13  Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
I have been convinced, from my youth and experience, that God/Jesus/Comforter will lead me into all truth. My prayers have included:
  • praying for salvation/doctrinal truth,
  • how to correctly electrically wire a residence
  • where to take my cars for maintenance
  • the right doctor to submit to
I also have learned not everyone thinks like this or agrees with me that GOD cares about these minute details of our lives. He has convinced me he does care and wants to be involved like any Father that loves his children. Following are a few examples of events and their results I attribute to God's involvement with us.

1. Our family, in Hemphill, TX, used to enjoy eating at a seafood restaurant, Bryce's Landing Restaurant, outside Hemphill. They closed abruptly with no explanation or projection of reopening. Connye and I became responsible for the homestead, when the family died and return often to status it. There are not may places to eat in Hemphill and we were really missing the seafood place.
One day, while there, I had a thought for buttermilk, yet did not get it at the store. We were driving back home and thinking about the buttermilk became rather insistent and I turned us around. In the parking lot, a man asked if I knew where Pendalton bridge was, which I didn't. Inside the store, I have the coveted milk and stood at the cashier. Now in Hemphill, a conversation can be generated by breathing and many topics covered while checking out.
While engaged I decided to ask about the named bridge was. Location, directions and history were provided including a status on the restaurant AND it is now open. All this came from my yielding to the need for buttermilk.

2. For the past two years, I have had an urge for Connye and I to lunch with a friend. I contacted the person and several times had to cancel, until recently. I began to think God had some direction for us from this person. We met, had a very enjoyable lunch and nearing the end, received direction and resolution concerning the estate.

3. We purchased lifetime free oil changes when we purchase our truck but never used the option. Connye suggested we make use of the freebie since we did pay for it. I started watching the % of oil life so we could schedule. Several times, my impatience almost drove me into our regular Pay For oil. Several weeks passed and I was able to schedule a day and took it in. The technician found two bad bushings which had eaten away at our previous tires and were doing the same with these. The company chosen to replace the tires did not tell me the bushings were bad nor, I was told this AM, did they align the vehicle.
I agreed to the repairs, left the truck, returned home and told my wife, we might owe about $600.00. Three hours later, Honda lets us know our truck is ready and the charge is $50.00. Our extended warranty covered everything.
There was and still is rejoicing in our house today.

We did not experience lightning, earthquakes or a booming voice. A steady quiet thought, not mine, urging me and Connye to go to a place, buy an item, ask a question, make a commitment and TRUST.

OBEY and TRUST
 
Two simple words for two very difficult things to do. 
Rom 7:14  For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
Rom 7:15  For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
Rom 7:16  If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
Rom 7:17  Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Rom 7:18  For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
Rom 7:19  For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
Rom 7:20  Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Rom 7:21  I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
Rom 7:22  For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
Rom 7:23  But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
Rom 7:24  O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
Rom 7:25  I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.
Rom 8:1  There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Rom 8:2  For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
Rom 8:3  For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
Rom 8:4  That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Rom 8:5  For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
Rom 8:6  For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Rom 8:7  Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
Rom 8:8  So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
Rom 8:9  But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
Rom 8:10  And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
Rom 8:11  But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
Rom 8:12  Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
Rom 8:13  For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
Rom 8:14  For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
Apostle Paul wrestled with his carnal self and determined to obey the Spirit of God. I mentioned in other posts that obeying God every day for life is NOT Super Spiritual but a NORMAL Christian lifestyle. This lifestyle requires discipline and dedication like every other successful endeavour. We all fall short every day for life but we don't quit. Repent, Praise God, and Move Forward.
Give it a try and let me know what you experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment