Thursday, December 6, 2012

Size MATTERS and NUMBERS Do Also.

Faith as small as a mustard seed.
One Moses.
One Mary.
One inch. (The bullet missed me by...)
One miracle. (Fill in yours ____)
 
Reading various blogs, listening and reading various media convinces me Connye and I are not the only ones with challenging times.
 
I awoke one morning - I think it was morning. Since I sleep, no...., I nap and call it sleep, and then wake up multiple times during daylight and nighttime. Anyway, ONE of those awaking times, I had the revelation that many others are struggling with something (flat tire, large stomach, taxes, finances, marriage, what type of tea to drink and when). That tea thing is something.
 
I settled on Twinings Irish Breakfast for a morning beverage and Lipton Wild Berry the rest of the day. I am researching White, Green and Black teas for health and tastes purposes. BTW, none of this tea information relates to my blog. I started writing so Connye could have some "quiet" time and read.
 
Okay, the challenging parts of life. Often people, myself definitely included, anticipate medium to great changes but more often they start with microscopic permutations.
 
  1. Our laptop retired inspiring a new purchase. The Notebook we purchased looks quite similar to the Laptop we acquired 7 years ago but the salesperson assured me it wasn't. It uses Windows 8 (when did we stop using Win95?) and that's a trip.
  2. I finally believed the doctor and agreed to begin a healthy regimen. Thank you, thank you for your support.
  3. We purchased Christmas cards to MAIL. I researched and found a site we could design and choose how many. I used all extensions on one hand and took a nap. Connye used the site to design our card and ordered 25.
     
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 I know, Right?, it is exciting and stunning. Connye is better about sending cards than I. I passed out trying to think of five people and she thought of 25 in a blink.
 
So, small changes is what this is about. December of 2012 and positive adjustments are being made. Some friends just purchased a very nice motor home. Take a look:
 
They have wanted one for many years as they enjoyed traveling and camping in their 5th Wheel. Patience and prudence is rewarded. Their blog is fun to follow and explains how they began with a pop-up and progressed.
 
The people that started:
  • Amway
  • McDonalds
  • Kentucky Fried Chicken
  • Wendy's
  • Martha Stewart Company
  • Mary Kay Cosmetics
  • Apple/Macintosh Computers
  • continued...
started in garages, on dining tables, an idea from another idea, in shoe boxes.
 
This is MY Opinion, so agree or not. God was and is involved in the endeavors of human kind. Review the past six thousand years we have had our go on Earth and it is clear to ME, that for many "inventions" a mind greater than human injected ideas into us for creation. Creation, in this case, meaning to bring an item, business or nation into physical reality.
 
God did not get out of the business of continued development of what he created when he rested. His staff visits us, stays with us, passes ideas to us and nourishes the projects. Of course, we usually take all the credit and rewards but whatever.
 
As a boy, I fantasized about being a Lone Ranger, or other singular hero to "save the day" but gradually life's negatives removed those thoughts. For decades, I struggled with the abstraction of one person being the "savior" (in a human sense) but again there were too many examples to ignore.
 
When the World needed a:
  • John F. Kennedy
  • a little maid: 2 Kings 5:2
  • Denton A. Cooley
  • H. Norman Schwarzkopf
  • Esther: Esther 4:14
  • Condoleezza Rice
  • Hillary Rodham Clinton
each was in place and ready. Each and every person having reached the "top of the ladder" had to take RISKS. For example:
 
 
and the inevitable and interminable SILENCE:
 
 
As with each of the preceding blogs, maturing and promotion in God starts small to protect us. As a young Christian Pentecostal, I applied myself to learning and promotion as I did secular work; AND IT WORKED, to everyone's surprise and consternation. I fasted, prayed, devoured the Word and requested God to use me; AND HE DID, which became my problem.
 
I was a young, inexperienced NEW Christian. There was no Elijah for me and I did not realize I was too young for that stage of use. I finally realized being a disciple/student was my place and the rest would come. My pastor and wife were greatly relieved. Backing down to JUST a student required a lot of personal discipline because I enjoyed the advantages of that spiritual place; The results were tangible to others, powerful and dangerous for a novice.
 
I took a LOA for about 22 years now and am getting hints, I may be ready to start again; Little steps, incremental gains, one step after another on the ladder.
 
December 2012, where are YOU? Ready to step into your motorhome, upgrade your laptop, help bring some peace between warring factions, speak a Word from God to a needy person? 
 
What do you want for this Christmas?
Act 3:6-9 Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk. And he took him by the right hand, and lifted him up: and immediately his feet and ankle bones received strength. And he leaping up stood, and walked, and entered with them into the temple, walking, and leaping, and praising God. And all the people saw him walking and praising God: Act 9:36
Now there was at Joppa a certain disciple named Tabitha, which by interpretation is called Dorcas: this woman was full of good works and almsdeeds which she did.

Rom 16:1-3 I commend unto you Phebe our sister, which is a servant of the church which is at Cenchrea: That ye receive her in the Lord, as becometh saints, and that ye assist her in whatsoever business she hath need of you: for she hath been a succourer of many, and of myself also. Greet Priscilla and Aquila my helpers in Christ Jesus:

What begins this year continues...
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment