Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Being Determined Can Be Catastrophically Costly!

Gen 3:6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat; and she gave also unto her husband with her, and he did eat.
Eve became convinced the product of this tree was what she wanted. Adam chose to join her in death and ate. Read the beginning results of their determination to disobey.
 
Gen 15:4 And, behold, the word of Jehovah came unto him, saying, This man shall not be thine heir; but he that shall come forth out of thine own bowels shall be thine heir.
Gen 16:1 Now Sarai, Abram's wife, bare him no children: and she had a handmaid, an Egyptian, whose name was Hagar.
Gen 16:2 And Sarai said unto Abram, Behold now, Jehovah hath restrained me from bearing; go in, I pray thee, unto my handmaid; it may be that I shall obtain children by her. And Abram hearkened to the voice of Sarai.
Gen 21:1 And Jehovah visited Sarah as he had said, and Jehovah did unto Sarah as he had spoken.
Gen 21:2 And Sarah conceived, and bare Abraham a son in his old age, at the set time of which God had spoken to him.
God agreed that Abram and Sarai were childless but informed him they were going to have a child. Sarai wants a child before it is too late and pressures Abram to FIX THE PROBLEM. Abram yields and the product of that determination caused thousands of years of misery that we see today.
God's determined to have his way and blesses Sarah with her child, as he said.
 
Gen 27:11 And Jacob said to Rebekah his mother, Behold, Esau my brother is a hairy man, and I am a smooth man.
Gen 27:12 My father peradventure will feel me, and I shall seem to him as a deceiver. And I shall bring a curse upon me, and not a blessing.
Gen 27:13 And his mother said unto him, Upon me be thy curse, my son. Only obey my voice, and go fetch me them.
Rebekah determines her favorite son WILL have the father's best blessing and accepts a curse on herself. She had no idea of the cost of that curse.
 
Throughout history, we have records of people deciding they will have what they want, when they want and how they want. God is an equal reporter of his people and their actions. Christians fight God, resist his voice, disobey his Word, lie, cheat each other, commit just about every sin listed and typically justify themselves.
 
In the process of a Christian lifestyle, children are born and raised with the intention they will be Perfect-Good-Better-Best or at least socially acceptable in the Christian community.  Too often, the children turn out like their parents and the other prominent local Christians. Involved in this mess is an ever faithful caring God calling to every tender heart and drawing them to the Truth in Him and His Word by His Spirit.
 
Now those children will have the natural carnal nature of humankind to resist, while trying to refine their understanding and obedience to the Word and Spirit of God working in their hearts. God will lead and guide them to truthful living and woe to the person or persons hindering their progression.
 
Allow me to get personal about my experiences. I am carnal with a desire to be Christian/Christ like. I understand now that many of my hardships in my Christian life were due to my stubbornness, determined mind, ignorance of the genuine correct way of obeying. They were not Trials meant to perfect me, they were hardships from bad decisions and severely costly ones.  This covers the first 66 years of my life.
 
Recently, I was enjoying fulfilling my insatiable curiosity and felt the Spirit nudge me to quit and go a different way. I enjoyed what I was doing and explained all was okay. Two times, three times and THEN my computer locks up and a full screen message tells me I am in the Twilight Zone and it will cost me $200.00 USD to get out and have my PC back.
 
Quick call to the FBI and they explained I was being scammed with a high grade program virus. I confess my sin, asked for forgiveness and help. Mercy was granted and I only had a minor spanking with the PC restored in about one half hour.
 
This was one of my minor violations but was able to emphasize a long standing lesson. There are specific times when God determines his path for my life and it is important I respond correctly and timely and willingly. It is important enough, that any variant will bring immediate discipline, sometimes harsh discipline.
 
I have written about this before and by doing so, admitted I understand the many ways of communication between God and I. Each of us has experienced that communication in some form. Eventually, as with any lesson, the teacher is expecting the students to learn and respond correctly. In this case, the teacher knows the students are learning and choosing whether to obey or not.
 
God is integral to everything. GET OVER IT!
 
Angels are created beings that chose to serve him and minister to us.
 
Whatever we need to know or desire to know that is moral, ethical, righteous, and holy and in accordance with his will, we will be told or taught. If God gives a verse or a word to use for guidance or help with a choice, fine. We need to STOP picking a scripture we like and using it for our purpose. People get in a LOT of trouble doing this. Learn the context of your scripture and what the verse actually meant when it was written.
 
We can do (are able) what is immoral, unethical, unrighteous, unholy but we may not (do not have permission). Each of us WILL be disciplined for these types of actions. Divorce, jail, beat up, destroyed reputation, children gone.
 
We are designed/wired to God and certain other people he chooses. What this means is each of us hears him every day, all day. As this dispensation comes to its end, each of us desiring to receive help, from God, to endure and live; better pull our individual heads out of the ground and unplug our spiritual ears and wipe clean our spiritual eyes.
 
Heaven or Hell. First we will account for our actions before Him and then receive our next permanent residence orders.
 
I prefer you NOT believe me and get into your Bible with God.
Amen and amen.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment