Thursday, December 28, 2017

Let's Wrap This Up - My List

Rethinking My Thinking, Angela Mackey
Bridging the Gap Africa
The Pastor’s Blog, Charles R. Swindoll
Exodus Road, Matt and Laura Parker
Bible Studies, Ken Raggio
Life Coaching, Tsh Oxenreider 
Author, Writer, Speaker, Recovering Know-It-All, Sarah Bessey
Bossy Mom, Susan E. Hill

The list are at the top of a long list of blogging people having influenced my life and those I know. Others are not listed because:

  1. I did not ask their permission to publicize their name
  2. They are not public writers and therefore, you might not be able to see or hear them unless you attended their church or private seminars. 
These people are non the less very important to my life and many others. They have wisdom, patience, life experiences that could relate to most of the population; storms, illness, abuse, dysfunction, disaster, etc. 

What I have observed during the past decade among these people I know about in one form or another, is how life has changed them and ME. 

WOW! 2017!!!

Natural disasters of every type, human made disasters of every kind, and their emotional impact on everyone. We band together to help (as much as we can) each other and in many circumstances ask ourselves and "the experts", What happened and Why????

I am a practicing, professing Christian and these events challenge me to fall in the Word of God (Bible), pray/converse/ask/communicate with God to know how to handle the specific ones I, my family, neighbors and people in our area experience. 

Thanksgiving and Christmas find many of us recovering from SOMETHING. In all of this, I believe the Call to Find Something Good to be Thankful for. When I was sitting in our House Cave, talking to my daughter as the repairman worked on our AC system, I wondered HOW it was going to be repaired. 

Then, I thought of: 
  • Bridging the Gap (building bridges in native villages) working in foreign countries to help save people walking across streams. 
  • Exodus Road staff saving and relocating children and adults from human sex trafficking.
  • TED talks and the incredible people that open their lives to help others adapt or recover to some of life's most challenging situations or just how to improve your speaking skills. 
  • Blogs, sermons, books, internet streaming and YouTube channels provide exposure to incredible thoughts, suggestion, comments on how to live or rebuild your house/car/bicycle. 
There is SO MUCH to offer, if you just try. 

BUT, you say, I cannot write our build or travel. 

CAN you get a pen/pencil and paper and write a note to an author or speaker telling then how much they helped you? SURE YOU CAN! You local stores sell envelopes and stamps. The Post Office will actually sell One Envelope and One Stamp to put your note in. 

Recently, a person told me, REPEATEDLY, how she never won a lottery or had any talents and life was such a struggle. Later, my wife told me, that person just sold a house she could not climb the stairs anymore and paid cash for the one we were standing in. She has a better, prettier home in a beautiful neighborhood and the few items needing repair or replacement can easily be handled by help from family or friends. 

OH, YES, regarding our home. Nine 9 inches of water had two days to soak and ruin everything touching the floor. Our power remained on the entire storm and after and remained below the electrical plugs. The AC kept running drying out our house. We have appliances (frig, oven, bath, toilet) that sustain living and our mattresses were kept above the flood by their frames. 

SO, unhappy? Yes. Thankful? YES! Have spent four months with family (which, honestly, is always a strain on everyone) I mean, OMG, FOUR MONTHS of everyone's schedules being disrupted in some form. They have and are Gracious Hosts and gone to great lengths to make our stay as comfortable for all us. We have had visitors for up to one week (5 days) and were happy when the time came for Normal to return. FOUR MONTHS!!!

any way....2017 You have been a Monster. I am thankful it was NOT worse but REJOICE you are leaving!!!!

2018....REMEMBER YOUR MANNERS!!! Please.

And to ALL the Writers, Speakers, Workers of every sort, Keep doing what you are called to do, you have encouraged Many, MANY people, most of all...ME!!

God bless. 

1 comment:

  1. I stumbled upon my own blog of a nightmare. Home is 97% repaired, we have been living in it for 3 months.

    ReplyDelete